146: "The direction that we take the show is always a result of what our community needs." Spending more time in community with Jen and Nani
Jen and Nani are excited to continue expanding their offerings for our growing community! They discuss how they prioritize TFAW Project into their busy lives, the latest happenings within the Reflection Series groups, family members that served in the military (this episode was recorded on Veterans Day - Nov. 11), Nani's visit to the California Museum with Stacey Salinas as her personal tour guide, what to expect for today's book club session (Nov. 18) with Dr. Abby, and much more.
This conversation is also available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/bNVh8wum_4s
To watch the full Instagram Live version of this conversation: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/jenandnani/tfawp-e146-jen-nani-unfiltered-instagram-live
Shout out to two of our Reflection Series members: @panchiecanton @angel_dmiro!
- Partake in our FREE 5-Day Reflection Series by direct messaging us on https://www.instagram.com/thefilipinoamericanwoman/
- Want to continue the conversation beyond our 5-Day Reflection Series? Join us for FREE on our Discord community https://discord.gg/2hSaHK9Cps
- Let's collaborate and help you get your message out there! Contact Jen and Nani today to discuss our new advertising packages: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Join our Book Club TODAY, November 18th @ 12 PM (PST) / 1 PM (MST) / 2 PM (CST) / 3 PM (EST). We will discuss Chapters 1-6 of the book Speak Up, Anak: Assertiveness Strategies for Filipino Americans by Dr. Abby Hamilton https://www.buymeacoffee.com/jenandnani/reminder-next-book-club-fr-11-18-12-pm-pst-1
Resources (in the order mentioned):
- SD Voyager Article ft. Jen and Nani http://sdvoyager.com/interview/inspiring-conversations-with-jen-amos-of-the-filipino-american-woman-tfaw-project-by-buyusboba-com/
- Family Memories: A Military Father's Legacy of Love & Community by Jen Amos https://scalar.usc.edu/works/fpahm-timeline-project/family-memories-military-fathers-legacy
- Family Memories: Remembering My Lolo Ruping, A Personal Narrative of an Apo and Her Lolo by Nani Dominguez Smith https://scalar.usc.edu/works/fpahm-timeline-project/family-memories-remembering-my-lolo-ruping
- Learn more about Jen's business, US VetWealth https://usvetwealth.com/
- Learn more about Jen's other podcast show, Holding Down the Fort by US VetWealth https://holdingdownthefortpodcast.com/
- California Is in the Heart Exhibit https://www.californiamuseum.org/california-heart
Read our latest newsletter, published Friday, November 3, 2023: https://mailchi.mp/949a534aee78/tfaw-project
WANT MORE FROM OUR SHOW? Join our *NEW* online community that offers daily conversation, book club sessions, and the Tsismis with Jen and Nani Private Podcast at http://thenewfilipina.com/
WHEN WILL TFAW PROJECT RETURN??? Receive the latest stories, updates (including when Season 5 will air), and media coverage by subscribing to our FREE newsletter: http://eepurl.com/cO0bif
ABOUT US: Welcome to the Filipino American Woman Project - A Podcast Show that shares stories and life lessons told by American women of Filipino descent. For Season 4, Jen and Nani pivot the show to focus on their journey as podcasters, content creators, and entrepreneurs -- with a focus on advocating for Filipino American women storytellers and authors.
UPCOMING BOOK: Special thanks to the Bulosan Center for Filipino Studies at UC Davis for the opportunity to present our academic paper, Pinay Podcasters: Building a Self-Sustaining Community Through Storytelling, Collective Healing & Learning, and Collaboration. The initial draft is now available! Read more at http://pinaypodcasters.com/
RECOGNITION: In December 2020 and December 2021, we received an Honorable Mention at the Asian American Podcaster's Golden Crane Podcast Awards. August 2020, Jen Amos participated as a speaker on behalf of TFAW Project for PodFest Global, which now holds the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for Largest Attendance for a Virtual Podcasting Conference in One Week. May 2020, we were recognized as “Amplifying Asian Women Voices” on Spotify during AAPI Heritage Month.
We've also been featured in Realtime Community Oakland, Mochi Magazine, Ossa Collective, SUPERBANDS, Chopsticks Alley, FoundHer by Entrepinayship, Spotify, PodFest Expo, Philippine American Foundation for Charities, When In Manila, You Are Collect;ve, San Diego Union Tribune, NBC 7 San Diego, and much more! Read more at: https://linktr.ee/tfawproject.featured
CONNECT WITH US: Instagram @thefilipinoamericanwoman, Facebook @thefilipinoamericanwoman, Twitter @thefilamwoman, YouTube @thefilipinoamericanwoman, LinkedIn @tfawproject, Pinterest @tfawproject, or TikTok @tfawproject